[TRLog] "on deck" call...

Ron D. Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:13:52 -0500

Folks,

I have a question about the "on-deck call" feature. Maybe I don't understand
how this feature is supposed to work! Anyway I was hoping to use it to put the
call of a tailender or second station heard in a pileup "on deck" to be the
next QSO. I have not upgraded to SO2R yet, but thought I could use this
feature to help me.

Using CTRL-J I set TWO RADIO MODE = TRUE. I made sure CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE =
FALSE (don't know if this matters).

I enter a callsign in the call window. Hit <enter> to go to the exchange
window. I type "/some_other_callsign" then the exchange. When I hit <enter> to
log the contact, the contact is logged and NOTHING shows up in the call window.

Am I missing something here? I tried setting SINGLE RADIO MODE = FALSE and
swapping radios (I really only have one radio). Is there some other setting I
am neglecting? Is this a CW only feature? I am confused.

I am using version 6.60.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont