[TRLog] Re: My computer won't run DOS

Jack jackn2mpu@monmouth.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:12:34 -0500

Jim Smith wrote:

> Ooops.  Forgot to tell you
> Pentium III  500MHz
> WIN98 SE
> Matrox G400 video card
> NEC MultiSync FE950
>
> Sent this once before but it didn't show up
>
> 73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

  Win98 has a Dos prompt entry in the Start Menu. Try that, it should
work. It does for me at work, as I run a number of test programs in DOS
box on a Win98 machine (both windowed and full size that I can switch
from one mode of display to the other with no problem).
  Of course, you can always do a 'Restart in Dos Mode' from the Shut
Down Start Menu selection.
  Or thirdly, make up a DOS boot floppy. That way you won't have to
worry about hitting the F8 key as another responder mentioned
previously. Some computers don't give you much time to hit the F8 key
before going on their merry way of booting.

--
de N2MPU Jack FN20
Modeling the NYC and NYNH&H in HO and CPRail and D&H in N