[TRLog] Embedded Hex Codes - a partial solution

00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:30:49 -0500 (EST)

From:	BSUVC::00TLZIVNEY   "Terry L. Zivney" 21-SEP-2001 19:28:43.99
To:	IN%"trlog@contesting.com"
CC:	IN%"n4zr@contesting.com",00TLZIVNEY
Subj:	Embedded Hex Codes - a partial solution

Thanks to Pete, N4ZR, I found a partial solution to my
dilemna about the embedded hex code feature of 6.59.
In my example posted earlier, Pete noted that the code <04>
was used twice - once by TR to mark the end of the string.
Unfortunately, <04> is a legitimate code, in my case the
ICOM rig ID is 04.  TR apparently truncates the message at the
first <04>, which results in no message going out.  I was able
to change the address at the rig to <05> and solve that problem.

However, <04> is still a valid hex code.  It is also used,
for example, to select the 500 Hz cw filter.  This means I
can select SSB filters but not the main CW filter with TRLog,
as things now stand.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9