[TRLog] XP and DOS Now Play Nicely Together

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@contesting.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:22:32 -0400

Partition Magic can remove it easily. I don't understand why they were
having troubles, other than possibly some boot partition intercepts in
the bios (known as idiot-proofing at the mfr, and interference by some
of us).

But why would you want to remove it? XP Pro is easily the most stable
OS MickeySoft has ever put out, bar none (including the well-regarded
W2K SP2). It is not all that friendly to any number of legacy apps,
but I had XP up without needing to reboot for a six month stretch.
Then I needed a DOS partition to run a legacy modeling program that
would not get along with any DOS box memory manager.

I did exactly what Mark did. Use PM to create a DOS bootable partition
and install BootMagic. Slick, fast, effective.

73, y'all
Guy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Martz" <k8bkdx@chartermi.net>
To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 7:42 PM
Subject: [TRLog] XP and DOS Now Play Nicely Together

Hi Mark

Are you telling me if a new machine or any machine installs XP, it
can't be removed?  WOW, now that is taking things way to far.  I will
make sure I ask for NO XP if thats the case.  I think they are taking
away to much of our privacy.  I think I will stay with my 95 or ME
versions!

73 de Barry

multipart/alternative
  text/html