[TRLog] TR 6.64 comments...

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 06:50:53 +0000

I2WIJ mentioned:

>40M  IK5ABH/P (displayed on the Band Map as IK5AIH/)

I reply here as maybe I'm alone with this idea, but since we (should be)
are aware of what band we are on, rather than including the Mc bit of
the frequency in the bandmap, might displaying only the kc & fractions
of a kc bit of the frequency be better, therefore allowing display of a
longer call?

I would've thought that knowing IK5AIH/P is his call, rather than knowing
he's on 7-point-something megacycles is of more benefit to the operator,
but admittedly there are times when I haven't a clue what band I'm on &
all those 7s in the bandmap seem to drive the point home.  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham