[TRLog] Partition Magic

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:08:28 -0400

At 10:36 AM 4/24/02 -0700, Rick Tavan wrote:
>In addition to seconding the motion that Partition Magic works wonders
>establishing multiple OS capability on a single disk, allow me to suggest
>Win 98 for running trlog. DOS-based, it lets you run a few other programs
>while tr is running. For example, I run Notepad for config file changes
>and one of the daylight projection map programs. Can't do that in pure
>DOS. tr seems to key the radio just fine under Win 98, so why back off all
>the way to DOS?

I've had trouble with the CW going QLF on me, unless I shut down all
background tasks in Win98SE except for Explorer and Systray.  Presumably
Notepad and that grey-line program don't do anything unless they're in the
foreground, so they coexist OK.  Which grey-line program do you use?

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org