[TRLog] Swap radios' frequencies?

Joe w5asp@earthlink.net
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:49:15 -0500

Terry,

I have a 1000MP with a "Main" Rcvx and a "Sub" Rcvx.  I have set up Function
Keys with in TR that will turn on/off  the "Dual" mode and allow me to swap
the Sub Rx and the Main Rx and then back again.

I do this so that I can CQ on the Main frequency and tune the same band on
the Sub Rx.  If I find a station calling CQ on the Sub freq. I can with a
keystroke swap the Rxs. drop in my call, make the QSO and then swap back
again to resume CQing on the Main freq.

I actually find it as useful and sometimes more useful that using the 2nd
Radio on another band.

I can only do this with my MP and from within TR.  I tried it with a TS-850
with limited success, but it did work,

Let me know if you want to know the details.

Joe, W5ASP