[TRLog] Revised Version of TR Control of MP

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:08:27 -0400

At 11:15 PM 8/23/02 -0500, Joe wrote:
>I have updated my earlier description of how to use TR to control the 1000MP.
>
>This alternative approach is much simpler to implement and is much more
>stable.  The "funny little control characters" don't disappear when you
>log out of TR.
>
>The updated version in on the W5ASP website at:
>
>http://www.qsl.net/w5asp/

This certainly looks right, but I can't get it (or the earlier method with
the control characters) to work AT ALL on my Mark 5.  That's weird because
frequency readout and clarifier clear (which must use the same CAT command
string) work fine, but when I press the function keys the radio just sits
there.

Has anyone tried this on a Mark 5 and gotten it to work successfully?

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower