[TRLog] INPUT CONFIG FILE vs STDCFG.DAT

KL7RA kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:53:03 -0900

I use TRLog for single-op-single band, SO2R  and
multi-op contesting so I find all three configuration
files handy.

The stdcfg.dat holds all my color setups and I have
changed many from the default. I prefer gold on black
for some windows as it's easy to read and the red
border always indicates I'm in S/P, easy to notice.
This file also holds the operating parameters that
never change for example, call, zone, grid, etc.

The input config file hold equipment setup values
and I have one for each band as I use a mix of radios,
for the multi-op.

For every contest we operate, which is all of them
according to the wife, I have an unique logcfg.dat
that has the messages for that contest's version of
the report, where the cursor goes, etc. They have
been fine tuned over the years but I still add or
change things during the contest using the CTL J
function and by the end they are usually pretty hacked
up. I often clean it up and keep the changes I like and
put it away for next year.

This TRLog versatility allowed me to setup one side
of the station for a single-op 160 this weekend and
the other side for multi-op Ten next weekend using
just a few key strokes. Stew Perry coming up, can't
wait for that. Every contest, naw..

73 Rich KL7RA