[TRLog] Two radios and DVP

Tree N6TR tree@kkn.net
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:10:58 -0800

If anyone is using a DVP with two radios, a small fix was made last night
as suggested by W9RE.  I can send a new version of TR with this fix if
you need it.  This it the only thing that was changed since I e-mailed
6.63 over the weekend - so unless you are using the two radio features
of TR with the DVP, you really don't need it.  By "two radio features"
I mean using the Control-A character in front of function key messages.

If you use Control-A to send a message on the inactive radio - the program
should switch control back to the active radio when the message is complete.
This happens okay on CW, but the program wouldn't switch back on SSB until
a message was initiated on the active radio.  This means that if you hit
the footswitch to talk on the active radio - you would be talking on the
inactive one.

The fix now makes it work the same way on SSB as it does on CW.

DVK users are still at a disadvantage - since TR really doesn't have a
good way to know when the message is complete and therefore doesn't know
when to switch the relay back to the active radio.

W9XT did give me a mod that can be made to his board to allow TR to monitor
the status of the DVK.  I don't believe I have had anyone request this support,
but perhaps that is because nobody knew about it.  If someone is using the
XT card, I can work with them to improve the two radio operation with it.

Bandmap operation when operating split is still a weak spot for TR.  I will
try to spend some time in the contest operating split and see if I can make
some improvements.

So - if you need the DVP two radio fix - send me an e-mail and I will send the
updated TR program to you. Again, there is no need for this update if you are
not using the two radio features in TR and the DVP.

Tree