[TRLog] CODE SPEED CHANGES

Tree N6TR tree@kkn.net
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:23:33 -0800

> Given that Tree has probably been compensated about $0.05 per hour he has
> put in on TR, don't you think you owe him the respect of a proper open
> discussion on how a change in that setting relates to technique and
> usefulness, before you ask him to put in more time on it, just because you
> "rather" it would be different?

Ah sucks guys... this has been fun to watch.

> Tree reads the discussions on this reflector. It would take an enormous
> amount of time for him to respond personally to every question posed. But
> still he has been more responsive on fixes/changes than any other logging
> program writer, hands down.

It is hard to change code with your hands down.

> Make your case for the usefulness of the change you are asking. I doubt you
> can do it without discussing operating technique, and the various situations
> where a speed change is called for. And in the process you may give some of
> the readers an idea/technique they had not thought of. Or pick up one
> yourself.

Hmmm - well, you guys should understand that Mark was my best man at
my first wedding and he sang my my second one...  Therefore, he gets to
rattle a cage a little more than others.

Of course - there are some people who send me pizzas from New York for favors.

Tree