[TRLog] Band selection within sub-bands

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc@r66.ru
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 00:20:13 +0600

I have the same problem here and my request to implement the feature should
be somewhere on the wish list for a long time. Anyway my approach is to have
the mode bit somewhere on the parallel port. The reason is that if the
border freq is within the phone sub band (say14200) then while tuning back
and forth across the band you will have your PA switching uselessly a lot of
times during the contest. This feature would be much appreciated for multy
mode contests like IARU. I have ten presets on my linear - 1 for 160m, 2 for
80m, 1 for 40m and 2 for 20,15 and 10. Anyway the freq approach sounds more
flexible to me. For the time being I am in the process of building
microprocessor based CI-V interceptor for my Icom radios that would analyze
the freq info  and  drive relays. The advantage of such an approach is that
the radio can control the PA  even when no logging program (or any logging
program) is used.

73, Igor UA9CDC