[TRLog] FT1000MP CAT Interface Toshiba Notebook

RPClifton@aol.com RPClifton@aol.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 06:44:48 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/02 10:55:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fdavis@nf.sympatico.ca writes:

> On my Toshiba 4080 notebook I have three serial ports.  COM1 on back panel
> of
> computer;  COM2 internal connection to intergrated modem;  COM3 via a
> Socket PC
> Card in a side slot.  When I interface my MP to COM1 and bring up TR with
> the MP
> turned on I have to cycle the radio OFF/ON for the software to work.  i.e
> read freq and to send CW etc...the software comes up on the display but
> doesn't
> work.   When I interface to COM3 and bring up TR with the MP on the
> software
> works right away and reads the freq WITHOUT having to cycle the MP OFF/ON.
>
> Both ports have the same settings:  9600/8/none/2.
> Anyone have any clues as to whats going on??
>
> Frank VO1HP

Frank - I wonder if setting the ports to 4800/8/none/2 might help, since the
FT-1000MP CAT system baud rate is 4800.  Maybe the two ports act differently
when internal software tries to change their baud rate setting.  Just a wild
guess.  73, Bob - W3YY

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---