[TRLog] Re: [TR-Log update] TR Version 6.69...

Alan Kaul Alan Kaul" <alan.kaul@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 00:47:15 -0700

I am having problems running 6.69 and 6.70.  I unzip the disk and install to a
new directory and then  type TR to run and both versions report back with a
message that says "error in EXE file."

The machine is an IBM Think Pad with Pentium II and uses the Windows ME
operating system.  I was attempting to run the program in a DOS window opened by
clicking on START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/DOS PROMPT.  Since there is no DOS batch
file in the root directory, perhaps that is the problem....certainly "install"
did not prompt me to make changes in

But, before all of you jump on the "Aha, it's ME's fault" bandwagon-- please
read the next graph.

What is exasperating is that I still have TR-log 6.60 loaded in another
directory from the February ARRL DX Contest, same computer, same operating
system, etc., and that version of the program runs just fine in the
Accessories/DOS Prompt window.

What is new and different about 6.69 and 6.70 that won't enable a Windows ME DOS
window to operate the program (that easily runs older version 6.60)???

If there is no solution---I'll use version 6.60.

Changing computers just isn't an option---I'm on my way to Salt Lake City and
only have one laptop and will try to operate there from my hotel room in the
IARU contest.  It is a work assignment so staying at home and playing contester
on the 486-DOS machine in the shack is not possible.

Any help would be appreciated... please and thanks and best 73.... de alan (soon
to be temporary w6rcl/7).

PS-one more thing, when I copied TR.exe (from 6.60) to the directories that
contain TR.exe from 6.69 and 6.70, and try to run it -- I get a message which
says:
"runtime error 208 at 0000:CE69"

thanks, again ... alan
Alan Kaul, W6RCL, LaCanada, CA