[TRLog] Old&Cheap Laptop Advice Pease

Joel Kluender n0kr@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:06:02 -0500

All,

I am looking to purchase an old & most importantly cheap laptop at a hamfest
or on e-bay, but from experience know that noise performance and hardware
compatibility can vary widely.

What I'd appreciate from those of you who have old laptops that you know
work well with TRLog, is for you to e-mail me with recommendations.

The only requirement is that it work well with TRLog for both sending CW
from the parallel port and controling a rig from the serial port. My goal is
to find the cheapest laptop consistent with these goals. I do not intend to
use the machine for anything else.

Please e-mail replies directly to me, as I suspect others might not
appreciate the clutter.

Thanks for your help,
Joel (N0KR)
n0kr@hotmail.com