[TRLog] IARU, POST and Cabrillo

Alan Kaul, W6RCL Alan Kaul, W6RCL" <alan.kaul@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:11:55 -0700

>>>>Earlier ALAN wrote:
I've had a lot of trouble with POST (6.69 and 6.70) since the IARU contest.
The IARU (ARRL)  robot rejected my log several times -- even though I had
added the ARRL-SECTION and the CONTEST data as mentioned by others here.
The log rejection was based on not finding the right data in specific
line-places of my log entry.<<<<

---------------

This morning, I outlined to the list a problem I was
having with Cabrillo after the IARU contest.

Ron Rossi diagnosed it quickly -- COCKPIT ERROR!!!!I had chosen the WRONG
contest in my .CFG file.

I had selected WRTC believing  it was one in the same----BUT the correct
answer was IARU!

Sorry for the extra work for Ron and all else who might
have wasted nanoseconds thinking about a solution!  Once I changed the
config file from CONTEST: WRTC to CONTEST: IARU and re-ran post, it worked
fine.

Thanks RON!

BTW -- Ron says he is changing the next version of software so I cannot make
that mistake again.  If I choose WRTC next time, the software will tell me
that WRTC is "by invitation only" -- and ask if I meant IARU instead!!!!

Best 73 de alan

Alan Kaul, W6RCL, LaCanada, CA
w6rcl@amsat.org
http://home.att.net/~alan.kaul/index.html