[TRLog] TRLog Program Lockups

Phil Goetz N6ZZ@zianet.com
Fri, 03 May 2002 20:51:08 -0600

During various contests over the past few months, TRLog has frozen up on
me a couple of times.  This has happened with no particular set of
circumstances nor keystrokes that I'm aware of.  Since the computer in
the shack is very old, I've been inclined to blame it.  However, in a
recent discussion with K5OT, he mentioned that the same thing has
happened to him a few times.  The program just freezes, and no amount of
pounding on the escape key, Control-Break, or even the time-honored
three-finger salute (Cntl-Alt-Delete) makes any difference.  The only
solution seems to be to turn off the computer and then turn it back on.

Has anybody else on the TR reflector had similar experiences?  If so,
please advise when you first noticed the situation and whether you've
been able to identify anything that might have been the cause.

Thanks!

73,

Phil, N6ZZ