[TRLog] TR for special event

Ronald Rossi kk1l@arrl.net
Mon, 27 May 2002 00:22:44 -0400

When setting up TR for a special situation there is plenty of room to
experiment. You certainly want to read the manual.

A feature of the soon to be released 6.68 is that you can use
WYSIWYGDomestic as the domestic multiplier and also specify a DOM file
to use with it. What this does is allow for a mult list to be displayed
for domestic mults, but still have any character value accepted. This
could be useful for what you want.

DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER = WYSIWYG
DOMESTIC FILENAME = the name of the file including extension

If you want to be limited to the particular set of values contained in a
DOM file you would use

DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER  = DOMESTIC FILE

There are quite a few DOM files supplied with TR which get used for
various contests without you really knowing about it. If you look in the
file FCONTEST.PAS you can see what LOGCFG.DAT parameters are set as
defaults for each contest. The DOM files starting with "S48" or "S50"
are for the 48 or 50 states and various Canadian provintial
configurations.

If you choose DX MULTIPLIER = ARRL DXCC you will see the DXCC countries
listed as multipliers. You will be able to toggle between domestic and
DX mult displays using ALT-G. Check out the manual for multiplier types.
It is pretty richly written.

Regarding the networking question you will need to set SEND QSO
IMMEDIATELY = false. This will keep the QSOs local to the logging
computer until they roll off the top of the edittable window. That way
all the computers will have the same log. You will not see QSOs from
other comptuters scroll on your screen with this set up, but it allows
you to edit locally. The other option is to leave this setting true and
put notes in the log with CTRL-N and edit the log later. All the logs
should match in either situation. The manual is pretty good explaining
this as well.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont