[TRLog] Re: Lastcqfreq

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn@n4gn.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 19:40:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Ron D. Rossi wrote:

> Funny you should mention the return to CQ mode. I am working on that
> now as well as going to S&P when executing NextBandMap.

QRX just a second . . .

I had replied to Mike directly (off reflector), but since Ron seems to be
marching forward, I thought I'd send this to the reflector.

I really don't think there's any good reason to make LASTCQFREQ also
execute a CQMODE command.  As things currently stand, anyone can put both
commands in a F-key and accomplish this, but why FORCE everyone to do it
this way?  In other words, it only REMOVES flexibility, and for no
benefit.

I guess there wouldn't be any problem adding a new (third) command like
"LASTCQFREQANDCQMODE", but what's the point?  It would take as long to add
that to your logcfg.dat file as to add the two existing commands.

It's really not a big deal, but I'm just afraid this hasn't been thought
through very well.  The current situation allows everyone to configure it
however they want.  There is no reason to remove this flexibility.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com