[TRLog] FT1000 rom v.5.84 - cat interface and TR Log

Phil ic8pof@arrl.net
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 00:07:42 +0100

HI All.
I have built the cat interface from the ARRL 2001 haNdbook with the MAX 232 ic.
Does anyone use a self built cat with the MAX232 ic and the FT 1000 ?
The interface does not work well. The only one I note is the "ALT n"
"Enter Xmitr frequency " in the TR log program. It takes some seconds to work.
The rig goes SPLIT mode, but nothing more.
There is no indication of the QRG on the left side , and the CAT led does
not blink but
lights on for some seconds pressing some keys.
When CAT is on the rig has all the functions blocked but receives the
signals present
on the channel.
My PC is ok because it works with the CAT of an FT1000MP very well.
Is there any problem with the rom version 5,84 ? Should be possible to
upgrade it ?
Do you have any idea about the CAT ?
Thanks de Phil IC8POF