[TRLog] Band Map Vertigo

Rick Tavan tavan@tibco.com
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:24:41 -0800

Question for you Band Map experts: I tried the Band Map feature in SS
CW. It was great to know what was on a frequency as I tuned through it
by leaving BAND MAP CALL WINDOW ENABLE = TRUE. I almost never actually
looked at the map which displayed so many lines (often blank lines) that
the Win 98 window had to scroll back and forth to cover it all. Which it
did automagically, constantly and unpredictably. I developed a kind of
flicker vertigo as the window scrolled rapidly up and down before my
eyes. Is there any way to either

a) turn off the band map window while still getting call window updates or
b) turn off the auto-scrolling?

One way may be to set the type font so small that it all fits without,
but then I can't read it. I also know that TR is not officially
supported under any O/S less than 15 years old. But it works so well in
my Win 98 configuration that I'm not about to go back to pure DOS.

Thanks & 73,

Rick N6XI