[TRLog] PIEXX/TS930 problems.

Rich Beckwith wn0x@earthlink.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:19:13 -0600

I ordered and installed the PIEXX uP upgrade in time for the SSCW this year
so I wouldn't have to worry about lost band changes and could QSY from they
keyboard.  Well..... never could get my IBM T21 laptop to talk to the TS930.
The Kenwood RCP570 program worked just fine.  No joy when I booted from a
floppy into DOS.  I tried versions 659, 660 and 670 with no luck.  Borrowed
a logcfg.dat file from N0SS that he successfully used for this years SS (IBM
380 Laptop)  and that didn't work either.

The PIEXX uses true RS232 levels and I verified the baud rate was 4800.

Any suggestions?

Rich - Wn0x