[TRLog] Post Contest Stuff

William Liporace - NA2NA na2na@earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:11:20 -0500

Hi Folks,
Well this was the first time I have semi seriously entered a CW contest and
of course I had a couple of guest OPs as well. They were completely new to
TR and I was completely new to a semi serious CW contest.... So as many
people do, I have a few questions  :-)

I know how to edit the log (lots of options here). We used my call each time
we made a log mistake (also the contest call). I NOW know that you can use
Alt-Y remove the last QSO, but once you leave that point, how do you delete
a QSO or remove a QSO. Can you do a "remove my call", this was a CT
option... Will it re serial number the QSOs or does it matter (At least this
contest does not issue serial #s).

I also had problems where the previous QSO window would disappear if we were
in the process of working someone. One of the reasons for previous question,
the other was hitting enter instead of the F1 key to send our call. My guess
is there is a setting in my config file that causes this.

I noticed that R1ANF was defaulting to the wrong zone (one for the country
file) and there was something else that showed up.. I will look into the log
and see if I can see it. I think a call goes to the wrong country.

As far as operational stuff. here is a small list, and more than likely
there are reasons:

If you set narrow or wider filters to listen with, when you change bands, it
defaults back to the standard CW filter. In my case 500hz. I switched from
narrow to the SSB filters depending on what band and how crowded they were.

I have also learned that the BAND SPLIT MODE can not be set to ALWAYS PHONE
during a CW contest. I think that needs to be set to the appropriate
contest. There were more split operating in this contest than I ever
remember in a CW contest , but then again I have never spent that much time
in a CW contest.

On 160, when you went to a specific spot, the radio would change to SSB.
That was annoying to me. I know there is a setting for this.  Is there a way
to disable the ability to change modes?

I may have more, but this is enough for now  :-)
TNX es 73 Will