[TRLog] TR Log on HP-200LX Palmtop running Dos 5.0

John k7jb@orhonline.net
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 12:49:41 -0700

HELP!!!

I have loaded TR's version all664.zip and expanded it into a directory
on my HP 200LX Palmtop.  It initialized OK and I made entries for
setup.  However, when invoking TR it executes until either

1). First screen displays:

"There were 340 countries loaded from A:\N6TR\CTY.DAT  insufficient
memory for Remaining DX Multi Template!!"

OR (I have seen)

2). Runs to the second screen:

where all TR logging activity takes place an executes up to placing a
flashing cursor on the call entry line and then halts or more correctly
CRASHES!  Keyboard will take no further entry and batteries must be
removed from the Palmtop to reboot!  The Palmtop has system commands to
allocate RAM but everything I tried just produced the results from 1 or
2 above!  My 200LX has a Flash Sundisk drive memory card with 256mB of
RAM.  System memory is set to 636 kBytes.

TR boasts of being a DOS program and yet it won't run on my DOS
palmtop!  Other just as complicated programs like KaGold run just fine!
(KaGold is a packet program that will operate a Kantronics Dual Port (HF
and VHF) KAM TNC and is fully functional for all digital modes such as
CW, RTTY, PACTOR, GTOR, NAVTOR on HF as well as running simultaneously
VHF packet.)

I would like input from anyone who has gotten TR to run or can help me
get it to run on my HP 200LX.  Sounds like a memory issue to me but,
perhaps Tree never tried it!  Hope someone can lend some help as it is a
GREAT pocket sized PC with allot of portable potential.

Thanks K7JB John
--
Very Best 73's John K7JB

Amateur Radio Since 1958
Asst. Dir. NW Div ARRL
Collins Collectors Association MEMBER AC99-0989
QCWA LIFE MEMBER
"John R Bookout K7JB" <k7jb@orhonline.net>