[TRLog] TR Log on HP-200LX Palmtop running Dos 5.0

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 07:18:23 -0700

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 12:49:41PM -0700, John wrote:
> removed from the Palmtop to reboot!  The Palmtop has system commands to
> allocate RAM but everything I tried just produced the results from 1 or
> 2 above!  My 200LX has a Flash Sundisk drive memory card with 256mB of
> RAM.  System memory is set to 636 kBytes.
>
> TR boasts of being a DOS program and yet it won't run on my DOS
> palmtop!  Other just as complicated programs like KaGold run just fine!
> (KaGold is a packet program that will operate a Kantronics Dual Port (HF
> and VHF) KAM TNC and is fully functional for all digital modes such as
> CW, RTTY, PACTOR, GTOR, NAVTOR on HF as well as running simultaneously
> VHF packet.)

> I would like input from anyone who has gotten TR to run or can help me
> get it to run on my HP 200LX.  Sounds like a memory issue to me but,
> perhaps Tree never tried it!  Hope someone can lend some help as it is a
> GREAT pocket sized PC with allot of portable potential.

What results do you get when you run 'mem'  or 'chkmem' or
one of those commands on your palmtop?

mainly what number do you get for the "Largest executable program size"

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net