[TRLog] TR RTTY - can't transmit message buffers

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:24:21 +0000

K4RO wrote:

>I also had to play with the send and receive strings some.
>The following seems to work OK, except for the anomaly noted
>below when using F10 to send keyboard data.
>
>RTTY SEND STRING = <0d>x<0d>
>
>RTTY RECEIVE STRING = <04>
>
>The above seemed to be the only thing that worked.
>The only remaining glitch is that when I send text using F-10,
>after hitting escape I always get the following message:
>
>**cmd: *** Transmit data remaining

That is why it is necessary to set:

rtty send string = tc<0D>x<0D>

So as to clear the transmit buffer of whatever it is that the PK232 thinks it
got from TR after the ^D to put it back into receive.

>The asterisks are actually two Control-D's  Hex <04>
>
>F10 is programmed with nothing but a colon (:) and the
>TNC will not transmit without it.

You don't want to change F10 from default - it is the key that puts you
into keyboard
send mode (hitting it sends RTTY SEND STRING, after which PK232 is in transmit
& converse modes, which means subsequent text gets sent as TR is then in
terminal
mode, when done you hit <ESC> & TR sends the RTTY RECEIVE STRING & drops
back out of terminal mode).

73, VR2BrettGraham