[TRLog] TS950 and TR

mwdink@eskimo.com mwdink@eskimo.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:56:19 -0700

Anybody have any tips for getting a reluctant TS950 to
talk to TR? Trying to get a friends working for CQWW SSB.
Have tried two interfaces - one commercial and one homebrew.
Both work great with my TS940.

We finally got the thing to talk to DX4Win after turning on
a couple check boxes for DTR and RTS (?). Can't see
a similar option for TR (except hard wire). The TR manual
does say some radios may require jumpers on some control lines.

Seems strange though, I would figure the 940 and the 950 would
be almost identical or interchangable as far as the serial
interface. (Famous last words.)

Taking a breakout box over tonight which should allow me to
see exactly what's going on and pullup those lines if needed.
Just looking to see if there is something simple I am missing
in the 950 or TR setup.

have a rocking good time this weekend

73
dink, n7wa