[TRLog] Re: [ct-user] Re: [WriteLog] RE: [YCCC] Re: New Country Files 24 October 2002 (update -1204)

Michael Keane, K1MK k1mk@arrl.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:39:40 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, "John A. Scott" wrote:

> CQ Zones follow lines of  longitude.  Seven zones meet at the south
> pole.  Don't believe me, look at the DARC Atlas for Amateur Radio.  I
> have a QSL card from R1ANZ showing Zone 29 printed on it.
>
>      --John Scott,  K8YC

True enough.

Although just to be clear, R1ANC (ex. 4K1C) is not at the pole but is
Vostok Station, Queen Maud Land in East Antarctica. And it is Zone 29,
just like R1ANZ which was Mirny Station (formerly 4K1B).

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK
k1mk@arrl.net