[TRLog] Hex command problem

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:16:28 -0400

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussion.  Ron caught the
decisive clue.  In a nutshell, my other radio is a Kenwood, and something
in the TR code is mixing the two data streams, so that some Kenwood stuff
was going to the Mark 5 and confusing it -- poor baby.

When I deleted the Kenwood lines from my config file, leaving the Yaesu as
Radio Two, it didn't work at all.  But when I renamed it Radio One, the
only radio being controlled, the hex sequences all work perfectly.

This is going to add some really neat capabilities to the TR/Mark 5
combination, once the bug is swatted.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower