[TRLog] newbie question

Jim Smith jimsmith@shaw.ca
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:55:34 -0700

Hi David,

Let's suppose you have set up your contest in a directory called Log.
 If you make Log the current directory (you see something like C:\Log)
and type the characters "TR" (no quotes) you will see TRLog startup just
as you described.  However, if you type "TR new" (no quotes) TR will ask
you if you want to set up a new contest.  Type Y and go ahead and set up
the contest.

The next time you type "TR" when Log is the current directory TR will
allow you to choose one of the two contests you now have set up in Log.
 Want to set up another contest?  Type "TR new" again.

After a while you will probably get tired of having all the contests in
the same directory and you will set up a contest directory with all
kinds of sub-directories for the individual contests and whether they
are ssb or cw and summer or winter, etc. - at least you will if you are
as anal as I am.  My contest directory has 142 sub-directories with
about 20 MB of files in them.  Sure wouldn't want all that in one directory.

Lots of ways of doing things.  This is one.

Have fun with TR.  It's a great contest logging program.  I would
encourage you to explore the use of stdcfg.dat.  You can put in all the
common cfg file statements in it and it will load them into every new
contest cfg file you set up.  Saves a lot of time entering the same old
stuff over and over when setting up contests.  If you want some help
with this, let me know (direct).

Hope this helps.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO