[Trlog] Configuring DirectiIO for TR

Mike Brown k9mi at arrl.net
Mon Apr 21 19:35:22 EDT 2003

Bruce, I have found the best solution for XP users trying to run TR or
really, most other Dos programs on the same pc, is to use a dual boot
system. You install Dos first, then install XP. XP will ask you if you want
to partition the full hard drive, or just the remaining, unused space. Which
is what you want. Then, when your machine boots up, you'll have 30 seconds
to select either Dos, or XP as your OS. I had always ran seprate pc's
before, but I lost my "shack" when my sister moved in, so now my shack is
located in our bedroom, so I'm in a very small area, and not wanting to swap
out pc's all the time, this seemed like the best way to go.

Best of luck....

73 - Mike K9MI