[Trlog] Display of actual QSO totals

Charlie Ocker N9CO at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 18:13:22 EST 2003

kl7ra at ptialaska.net wrote:
>>I think it would be very useful if the displayed QSO total did not show
>>dupes.  It would give the operator a better idea of how he/she is
>>actually doing.  Correct me if I'm wrong; I've been using TR since v3.83
>>way back in the early 90's and seem to recall that the displayed QSO
>>total used to work this way.
>>73,
>>Charlie  N9CO
>

> Hi Charlie
>
> There is some logic in showing the actual number of contacts as long as
> the score is correct. If you are running  4 or 5 a minute it requires some
> part of that minute to work a station and it's not your fault they were a
> dupe. Your best minute, 10 minutes, etc. shouldn't be penalized because
> someone busted your call in a previous QSO and called you again. You
> did in fact make all the contacts TRLog says you did, dupes and all.

Hi Rich,

I agree.  The rate counter should take into account all q's made, dupes
or not.  I would still like to see my duped QSO total displayed.  Or
have a config file switch to control the QSO total (duped or raw) if
room can't be found on the screen for this.

> I assume the best rates in the old contester almanac ignored zero pointers.
>
> I do agree with you that having the "B4" message turned off is a good
> idea. It's sometimes faster to work them then explain they have a packet
> bust somewhere in their log. This, of course, screws them during log
> checking so I do send "B4" manually when time allows and always if
> it's someone I remember calling in their pile.
>
> Rich KL7RA

I usually always work dupes in Run mode except in SS, where the exchange
is so long.

I had one guy this weekend call me twice within a two minute period.

73,
Charlie  N9CO