[Trlog] /MM stations?

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk at msn.com
Mon Dec 15 09:59:42 EST 2003

> > Quoting K8CC from cq-contest:
> > >First, for the ARRL 10M contest we expect the exchange field for a ITU
> > >region station (either maritime or even aeronautical mobile) to be R1,
> > >R2, or R3 as appropriate.  To be somewhat flexible, we'll also accept
> > >MM1, MM2 or MM3 as well.
> >
> > I worked N2NL/MM, but the program (6.79) wouldn't accept either "R2" or
> > "MM2" as the exchange.  I just entered "2" and edited the Cabrillo file
> > manually before submitting to ARRL.
>
> Great solution Doug.  For reasons I almost don't remember any more, this
> special case is a really difficuly problem for TR.  I know I have tried
> to find an easy way to work around it several times, and have ended up
> being defeated.
>
> Tree

My solution was similar.  I entered a dummy state (because I didn't think TR
would accept a number for a stateside QSO) and then immediately edited the
QSO line to R2 in the temporary edit log.  It was a slight inconvenience,
but not a big deal ... I'm used to correcting my typing errors that way all
the time anyway!

73,
Ed - W0YK