[Trlog] Strange problems in Mn QSO Party

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 1 22:01:28 EST 2003

During MnQP I saw strange TR behaviour which I have never seen before.

Normally, as you tune past a station which is in the bandmap the call is
written into the call window.  Today, instead of  doing that the cursor
moved to the left a number of spaces.  Looked like enough spaces to
accomodate the call.  Sometimes a seemingly arbitrary letter, often
lower case, was written into the space where the call should be.  If I
hit the backspace key the cursor obligingly moved one space to the left
and, amazingly, the call now appeared in the call window except for the
last letter of the call which was presumably deleted by the action of
the backspace key.  However, some calls from the bandmap displayed just
fine.

You normally expect that your very first Q in a contest will show as a
mult.  My first Q was W9MSE/LP in LacQuiParle county.  Didn't show as a
mult in the log.  After a while I noticed that SSB mults were recognized
in the log while CW mults weren't.

With an average rate of 11Q/Hr I don't think this hurt my score at all.
 I have manually corrected the mults in the log so all OK now.  Just
wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before or might have
some ideas of why this happened (so I can avoid it in the future).

I'm using V6.69

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO