[Trlog] Radio Control using USB serial port adapter / or newinterface

K4BEV at aol.com K4BEV at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 08:30:25 EST 2003

Admittedly, I'm confused.

I use 1 serial port to both key the radio and control it. A second serial
port is used for a second radio. (No SO2R here, just a back-up radio.)
Radios are an IC-765 and TS-570S -- Both work fine.
The schematics are in the manual and the devices can be easily built into a
DB-9 connector shell.
I've also used a Belkin USB to serial adapter when using a notebook computer,
but for some reason I have to unplug it and then plug it back in to get it to
work. It would also occasionally lock up. Belkin had no explanation for this
and I've since abandoned the practice.
GL es 73,
Don - K4BEV