[Trlog] Watching an old friend slowly die

SM5AJV sm5ajv at chello.se
Fri Feb 21 20:15:33 EST 2003

If I understand it right, one of the most common
issues about doing TRLOG in a DOS window under
Windows is that the CW doesn't work properly.

CW-timing is one of the most real time critical
things in TRLOG. What will happen if TRLOG
starts to support HW like WinKey ?

See http://k1el.tripod.com/wkinfo.html .
WinKey is connected to a serial port and have
a serial protocol for producing F1-F12 messages.
The paddle connection is directly done to the
WinKey circuit not involving the host program.
The use of WinKey will make the real time cw issues
much simpler.

Is it possible to write some DOS drivers that emulates
the COM port into USB, LAN-port, Bluethoot etc?

Personally I haven't found any program like TRLOG in
the Win-community, with the same functionality
and flexibility. It would be nice if it is possible
to reuse all the good work and effort that has been
put into TRLOG by a top notch contester. Not starting
from zero again.

73 de Ingo, SM5AJV