[Trlog] Who Will Kill TRlog? Not Me !!

Mike Afton k0py at cox.net
Sat Feb 22 11:54:50 EST 2003

Tree wrote,

> Thanks for all of the nice comments about the program.  It is nice
> to know that some of you feel strongly enough about the program
> to put up with the hassle.  It really seems to me that having a
> computer setup to deal with TR and a second one for the windows
> stuff in your life isn't that big of a deal.  The 486 PC that
> you need probably can be had on e-bay for under $100.

Adding my two cents,  I've never enjoyed contesting so much. I can now set
up for a contest in a relative short  amount of time. Time is a premium at
my house.  My keyboard CW works, my keyer works, my radio works, TR sends
exactly what I want it to when I want it to and is it so easy to send in my
log after a contest. TR-Log's reliability and operation can be described as
"SWEET". I switched from CT to TR last year. I still remember the problems I
had with the other programs. Although I am not a professional contester, I
have a great time thanks to TR.

I use my desktop to contest on and my laptop for spotting, surfing,
multitasking, email, ect. while running a CW contest. While doing all on the
same computer would be nice, I wouldn't like having to click on the contest
window to start logging again. With two computers I can do both at the same
time and it works.
Thanks for TR-LOG
Mike/K0PY