[TRLog] NAQP Experiences - Omni VI+ & TRLog 6.72

Ron D. Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Tue Jan 14 20:20:02 EST 2003

Dale,

To answer a rhetorical question it is not your radio. It is surely a result of
TRLog much more strictly analyzing the data coming back from Icom interfaced
radios. I do want you to make sure for me that 6.71 is also a problem for you.
I would not have expected that based on the changes I made. Can you confirm
for me please.

Great set of data collected. Thanks for taking the time to do that! It looks
just like I would expect with intermittent data transfer to/from the radio.
When debugging this version I went through that testing to make sure the
program would work and allow one to change bands if a radio became
disconnected. Everything worked as designed for the IC706 I was using to debug
the interface and my TS850 and FT1000D combo at the home station. If I lose
comms and then get it back (unplug for a bit and then replug) TRLog synchs
back up with no problem even after interim ALT-Vs or ALT-Bs.

I am curious if you ever see a "comm error" pop up with a warning beep?
Does it matter if the VI+ and VI are swapped (physically at the computer or
using LOGCFG.DAT) as radio one and two? Do the errors follow the VI? When
swapped with ALT-R does the frequency displayed on TRLog track with the radio
as you spin the dial? I am not trying to "blame" the radio, but to understand
any potential differences between them. I have to ask as I do not have one to
play with myself.

What I suspect is there is SOMETHING different about the 735 and the Omni VI
which I am unaware of or is undocumented. For now I have to suggest you use
version 6.70 or 6.71B if that is working for you. If I come upwith nothing
else I can surely vector 735 and TenTec over to the older...not so
discriminating...interface code.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
Support Programmer for TRLog http://www.qth.com/tr