[Trlog] SBDVP - Arrrrrrrrg

Kevin Schmidt w9cf at ptolemy.la.asu.edu
Thu Mar 13 07:48:05 EST 2003

Pete,

The Soundblaster pro had a set of fixed rates that are given in Hz by
1000000/x where x is an integer between about 40 and 250. SBDVP uses
that method to set the rate. The Soundblaster 16 and other cards can
use this same method, but also have alternative methods that allow a
much wider range of rates. SBDVP does not use the fancier methods. The
only time you will see a rate different from the default 12048 Hz is if
you use the -r command line switch to change it.

73 Kevin w9cf