[Trlog] new user questions (again)

MFoster k0ex at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 11:09:50 EST 2003

maybe someone can point me to the correct KEYWORDS for
searching the Archives, or answer directly:

(1) in Sweepstakes, in S&P mode, when I've put all the
other sttn's info in the window and then hit <ENTER>
to send him my data, the QSO (naturally) moves up to
the log window.  If he asks for a repeat on the SERIAL
NUMBER and I hit an F-key to send the number, the NEXT
serial number is sent.  How do I program the memory to
send "next - 1" or the current QSO number?

(2) in S&P mode, hitting <ENTER> when I come upon a
sttn who I'd like to DUPE-check and then call, the
message sent is "de K0EX".  Can the "de" be
eliminated?  I find that the "de" causes me to
lose-out somtimes to a faster caller.

(3) when in the CQ mode and I only copy a partial
call, how is the slickest way to program an F-key to
send the partial that I copy, followed by a "?" ?  Is
it simply "@ ?" ?  Or, is there a better way to do
this, so that I don't have to move over to the paddle?

Tnx, guys, for your inputs!   I'm learning, but can't
always find what I'm seeking in the manual.

73

-Mark K0EX

=====
Colorado Springs  CO