[Trlog] Dupe Checking in 6.78

Paul Kirley pkirley at neonramp.com
Wed Nov 5 13:03:06 EST 2003

Now that some big guns have commented on dupe-checking difficulties in 6.78, I thought I'd add a little-pistol view.

I expected the Visible Dupesheet to be useful for at least half of the CW SS, so I turned it on initially.  At some point while I was S&Ping, the dupesheet display shrank to include only the 5 calls in the editable log window.  Not much later, the dupesheet returned to its former multicolor glory.

Of course, I realized that the failure of an optional feature was no real problem, so I ignored the dupesheet anomaly at the time.  But now I suspect that it is related to the dupe-checking difficulty.  The dupesheet shrank at some time after I shut down TR (contest not ended) to attend a dinner on Saturday, and maybe even after I shut down a second time to sleep (I'm not certain).

I run TR under DOS 6.22 with no Windows loaded.  I have no computer-controlled radios.

73, Paul W8TM