[Trlog] SS Bandmap dupe bug

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Fri Nov 7 01:18:42 EST 2003

N7MH noted:

>During SS I noticed several times that I would receive a packet spot for a
>callsign on another band and then would be called by that station during a
>run.  The callsign would remain in the Bandmap on the other band and when I
>did an S&P run on that band NEXTBANDMAP would take me to that frequency.
>
>BAND MAP DUPE DISPLAY and BAND MAP ALL BANDS could be in either state.  It's
>very easy to reproduce.  Just dupe an unworked station on one band, switch
>to a different band and log that station, then switch back to the original
>band.

If I understand what Mike is saying here, what he saw is the result of a change
made some time back to the bandmap to allow for the likes of multi-multis to
appear in the bandmap for more than one band.

Previously, a given call could only appear on one band's map.  Doing an S&P
sweep of 15, I'd refresh 7RM's frequency & then on the next pass through
the band
they'd be "gone" as a packet spot putting them on 20 had come in, so I'd
refresh
them again only for them to disappear as they were spotted again on another
band
(alternatively, one could do this to themselves in serious SO2R operation
w/o using
the packet port).

73, VR2BrettGraham