[Trlog] Re: SS Bandmap dupe bug

Mike Heideman mike_heideman at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 01:11:10 EST 2003

From:  "Tim Totten, N4GN" <n4gn at n4gn.com>
Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:45:37 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Udo DL2ZAV wrote:

>>>During SS I noticed several times that I would receive a packet spot
>>>for a callsign on another band and then would be called by that
>>>station during a run.  The callsign would remain in the Bandmap on the
>>>other band and when I did an S&P run on that band NEXTBANDMAP would
>>>take me to that frequency.
>>
>>Why not? He could still be there when he is M/M or SO2R. TR
>>cannot know that.
>
>Yes, but I think the intent of the original posting was that for contests
>like SS (work each station ONCE, not once per band), TR should put an
>asterisk next to the call in a bandmap once it's worked.

Exactly.  If the callsign can no longer be worked for QSO credit on the band
on which it is spotted then it should be marked as a dupe at the time the
QSO is made.  If the station is running SO2R and doing dueling CQs then I'd
expect to see spots on 2 bands,  but they should both turn to dupes if I
work the station (in SS).

Yes, this is low priority.  In SS I don't want to sit waiting for the
station to finish a QSO only to hit Enter and have TR tell me he's a dupe.
Usually I'd remember to hit Space right away, but not always.

-Mike, N7MH