[Trlog] Command line options

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Nov 18 21:19:25 EST 2003

> All of this to ask, how much memory would I recover if the
> command line options were in a stand-alone program like Post?

Zero.  This is contained in the overlay file and removing it would
have no impact to the memory used.

> Another memory saver might be if  RTTY was stand-alone.

Hmmm - that would take a bit more to answer.  Having the digital
mode available does take up some extra memory, but most of the
RTTY code isn't an issue.

Probably the best thing to do is use the "TR Lite" version that
removes packet and the bands other than the 6 HF contest bands.
I did one of those before and it was pretty easy to conjur up.

In fact, I should do one tonight to take with me to HC8, where
we will probably actually make something over 10K QSOs.  It will
have to keep packet, but removing all of those extra bands does
help things out.

Tree