[Trlog] Problem with ` key in v6.75

Dean Wood n6de at inreach.com
Sun Oct 19 14:07:22 EDT 2003

Hello,

I plan to use TR in Sweepstakes this year, and tested the packet
interface in v6.75 yesterday.  In certain circumstances, pressing the `
key to spot a station to packet resulted in an incorrect frequency for
that spot.

Example:
1. Type 14040 in the entry window.  Enter a callsign, and press `
The frequency will correctly show 14040.
2. Escape out of that, and tune the knob on the radio to a different
frequency (eg: 14045).
3. Enter a new callsign, and press `

For me, TR v6.75 will attempt to incorrectly spot this new station at
the old frequency (14040) instead of the new frequency (14045).  Yet,
the frequency displayed from rig control on the TR screen correctly
states 14.045kHz.  If I enter 14045 at the entry window, and press `
again, the packet spot will correctly be on 14045.

Rig control works fine.

Does anyone else notice the same issue with v6.75, or is there some
problem with my logcfg.dat configuration?

Here are a few pertinent lines from my logcfg.dat file regarding rig
control and packet:
PACKET PORT = SERIAL 2
PACKET BAUD RATE = 4800
EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE