[Trlog] Re: 160 Band map anomaly

Tree tree at kkn.net
Thu Oct 23 23:31:37 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:37:19PM -0700, Paul B. Peters, VE7AVV wrote:

> Using the latest version of TR ---- I (we) continue to have difficulties
> with the 160m band map controlling rig frequency. When the cursor is
> moved through the band map and an item is selected, the call sign is
> brought into the call window -- however it does not change the rig
> frequency. This only happens on 160m and does not appear on any other
> band and it's definitely version specific.  If we go back to v6.73 (with
> the exact same config file) the problem is not there.
>
> Again the basic setup here is P1 class machines running in DOS mode
> under Win 95. The problem occurs on both rigs: TS 940 and FT1000MP --
> all other functions related to the band map seem to be okay. Please
> advise.

I have finally understood this well enough to reproduce it.  It
turns out that if the inactive radio is on the band that you are
grabbing a spot for, it will send the inactive radio to the frequency
of the spot - not the active radio.

I have changed this so that if the active radio is also on that same
band, it will send the spot to that band.  This has been sent to the
release list as a TR only release 6.78.

Tree