[Trlog] Radio interface

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sat Sep 6 14:56:53 EDT 2003

> I am trying to catch up on the e-mail relating to IC735s,
> Omni Vi's and such.
>
> First off, did version 6.73 work okay for Omni VI folks?
> Ron added a specific radio type for the Omni VI.  As I
> understand it, TenTec made a new flavor of their firmware
> that had some changes in it - and this screwed up the
> previous versions with the newer firmware.  TR has to
> go off and guess which version is installed and deal with
> it.  BTW - this is really poor engineering in my book, and
> also made worse with the new radio (Orion) wasn't made to
> be backward compatible.  Oh well.  Maybe when we get the
> Omni-VI sorted out, we can think about adding the Orion.

No.  It and 6.74 are still flukey on band changing.  I'm also noticing no
updating as I move the vfo.  If I do manage to get tr and the radio on the
same bands, they may not be on the right modes (radio=cw; tr=ssb).

The dual frequency display is a neat feature, though.

back to 6.69

I'm using an Omni VI version Plus (version 3 upgrade) and an Omni VI.  Both
act much the same way.

I posted something here many months ago when this issue first came up (6.70,
6.71 release?) and defined each band change command and the trlog display
and radio results for a sequence of band changes from 10 through 160.  It
wasn't pretty.

73,
dale, kg5u