[Trlog] Sprint and F8,F9 keys

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Sep 13 10:10:59 EDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 07:55:46AM -0400, WG0M at aol.com wrote:

> I plan to work the SSB Sprint today.  I noticed on one of Trees' emails where
> he said to use the F8 or F9 keys instead of Alt-R and ALT-D for the inactive
> rig.  I tried this and nothing happened.
>
> So, what have I forgot to turn on?  Thanks in advance and see you in the
> contest.

Well, to be honest, the thing you need to do is use the Alt-M key to switch
modes to CW, and then get on last weekend in the CW Sprint.

The defaults you need are automatically setup for the CW memories.  I am not
sure I would suggest using them on phone.

If you were doing to try, you would NEED the DVP, not DVK.  Then you would
need to program up the function key memories as they are on CW, with
Control-A and Control-B characters.  I think there has been enough testing
in the SS that these features should work, but I have not personally used
it that way.

The phone sprint is enough different from the CW Sprint that I am not sure
trying to adopt those features to phone are really worth it.

73 Tree