[Trlog] Re Ten Tec Orion

G0MIC at aol.com G0MIC at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 15:57:15 EDT 2003

The baud rate converter to which I refered was published in 1984 in Elektor
Electronics and used an AY-3-1015 which is only capable of 30 Kb and is
unidirectional.  So sorry but what I have will not do the job.

To do what is wanted would require 2 UARTs and the 6402 UART can be found in
versions that will go to 500Kb.  These chips have no on board memory so
hardware handshaking is a must. For the basic cicuit idea see this web site.

http://www.jbgizmo.com/page2.html

Two circuits would be needed with the parallel sides of the UART connected
output to input and vice versa. One UART is clocked to give 4800 baud and the
other 56000 baud (clock rate is 16 times baud rate). A crystal controlled
oscillator is probably also a must. The number of data bits, parity and stop bits
can all be hard wired

Hope that helps.

Malcolm
G0MIC