[Trlog] Radio interface and Alt-D news

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Sep 27 20:01:51 EDT 2003

I think I have some things ironed out having to do with the Icom and
Omni stuff.

I believe the IC735's stopped working when the ICOM COMMAND PAUSE
was removed.  I remember when I worked with one or two of these
radios and it was impressive how long you had to wait between asking
the radio for the mode after asking for the frequency.  This is back
in for the next version with a default value of 300.  I will need some
735 guys to test this in a beta version to make sure it works.  The
delay might have to be set to a bigger number?

The Omni-VI plus that TenTec sent me would only work with 6.74 if I
selected Omni-VI as the radio type.  I now have it working even if I
select IC735.  I think the routines are pretty flexible now.  What I need
is someone with the older Omni-VI's to tell me if they work okay as
either IC735 or whatever IC radio they used to use, or as Omni-VI as
well.  I don't think there should be any difference and the LEGACY
RADIO IO MODE shouldn't matter either.

Finally, I may have been wrong about not being able to support the
Orion at 57,600 baud.  I will be working with W4AU to see if it
actually works (John - I will send you something tomorrow).

I have spent most of the morning and afternoon working on this.
What's funny is that some of the code was so forgotten, I had
thought Ron had added it (sorry Ron for the silly messages).  The
good news is that now most of it is "in my head" again after years
of not looking at it.  I don't think I affected any of the neat new
stuff that Ron has added.

I haven't changed much of anything that deals with the Yaesu or
Kenwood radios (including the K2).  If anyone is having issues with
those radios, you need to make more noise and get my attention.

Hopefully, the end result is that I can get rid of the Legacy Radio
IO mode soon.

Oh - and for you who use Alt-D a lot, I have created a new flag
that turns on and off the feature that inserts your band map call
into the Alt-D call window when it pops up.  The default is off.

Tree